Fees for Copies and Recording
Copies may be obtained in person or by mail. Correct fees and document information (please use online search to obtain the liber and page) must be submitted. Submission of incorrect fees will cause a rejection of the request. All mail requests for copies need to include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Copy, real estate records - $1.00 per page.
- Copy, Fixture Filing - $1.00 per page.
- Copy, State or Federal Tax Lien - $1.00 per page.
- Copy, Plats of Record - $1.00 per page.
- Certification of any of the above copies - $1.00 per document.
- State Tax Lien search certificate - $3.00 per name.
- Federal Tax Lien search certificate - $3.00 per name.
- For any new Fixture Filings or amendments, assignments, continuations, partial releases, and discharges (MCL 440.9525) - $30.00.
- For a copy of any Fixture Filing - $1.00 per page.
- All UCC's, amendments, assignments, continuations, partial releases and terminations are filed with the Secretary of State.
- For entering and recording any deed, mortgage, lis pendens, certified copy, or other instrument: Flat fee of $30.00.
- Any document which assigns or discharges more than one instrument (same names only), $3.00 shall be added to the recording fee for each additional liber and page so assigned or discharged.
- $4.00 of the recording fee is deposited to the Michigan State Survey & Remonumentation (MSSR) fund. (The $4.00 MSSR fee is not assessed on fixture filings, state liens, federal liens, MESC liens, state deeds, plats or tax reversion documents (MCL 600.2567a (4) ).
- Add $3.00 for each additional liber and page to be indexed/posted.
A tax certificate must be obtained from the County Treasurer’s office prior to recording any of the following (MCLA 211.135) :
- Warranty Deed - Any deed which contains a covenant or warranty.
- Land Contract - Assignment of land contract with warranty clause.
- Master Deed for Condominium.
- Treasurer Office certification fee is $5.00
If the tax certification fee is sent to the Register of Deeds office together with any of the above documents, a separate check or money order for such fee must be enclosed and made payable to the County Treasurer.